Friday, December 30, 2011

Not Quite a Winter Wonderland...

The weather was fantastic while we were in Florida.  You would never know that it was Christmas.  It was in the 80s, and we were in shorts and flip flops the whole time.  It was the perfect place to go to escape the yuckiness in KC.  We really made sure the kids got a chance to enjoy the outdoors while they could.
See saw time
Of course Zach took Charlie and Anna swimming in my parents pool, but that was freezing.  So one day my parents drove the kids out to Anna Maria Island where my grandparents spend the winter.  The pool at their condo complex is heated, which keeps the temperature perfect.  My dad went in with Charlie and Anna, and they all had such a blast. 

Pool with Grandpa.  This one was heated!

We also got a chance to take them to the playground right down the street from my parents.  Anna is big enough now to run around and explore like a big kid.  If Charlie can do it, she thinks she can too.  They were so glad that daddy was willing to take them to play while I wrapped Christmas gifts.  It is wonderful that they get a chance to get some fresh air in the middle of winter.  If my parents can't live in KC, we are sure glad they live in Florida!


No comments:

Post a Comment